It is time to Fringe! The 2015 24nd Annual Orlando Fringe Theatre Festival takes place May 13th-25th in Orlando’s Loch Haven Park. Venue locations are within Lowndes Shakespeare Center, Orlando Rep (corner of Princeton and Mills)-812 East Rollins Street, The Venue (Virginia Dr.), and several site-specific location in the area. Kid’s Fringe is located at the Menello Museum (across Princeton from Loch Haven).
100% of $ from ticket sales go directly to the ARTISTS
There are more productions than can be seen, so pick your poisons wisely. Of the productions I saw in the first few days, the Star Wars music at parody written and co directed by Simon MacDonald called A Long Time Ago: The Eighties Strike Back, was my laugh out loud favorite. The classic Star War characters are re-imagined as 1980's pop stars, and movie stars. For instance Artoo (Melina Smart) is portrayed as Olivia Newton John in Xanadu and Threepio (Lauren Anne Anderson) is portrayed as Madonna with her golden ice cream cone bra.
Singing performances by Lauren Culver as princess Leia and Melinda Smart as Artoo were particularly outstanding. The Chewbacca themed song Was hilarious and Joseph Fabian did an amazing job replicating the throaty roar. If you are a fan of the original two Star Wars movies, and you old enough to have lived through the 1980's you will love this show. I still have "Hoth is a Battle Field" running through m head, set to y music of "Love is a Battle Field" by Pat Benatar.
The plot and characters are deeply en-grained in our minds, but this musical parody is absolutely hilarious. Don't miss it!
Orange Venue - Orlando Shakespeare Theater 812 E. Rollins Street, Orlando, FL 32803.Shows are on May 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, and 28. Tickets are $10.
- No Button = No show entry (no exceptions). The button costs $10 and is a one-time purchase. Button proceeds go to support Orlando Fringe.
- No Late Entry to shows (no exceptions).
- No refunds given for any reason other than show cancellation (no exceptions).
- No ticket exchanges made (no exceptions).
- No outside food or beverage is allowed inside any venue.
- Alcoholic beverage purchased in the Green Lawn may not leave the fenced lawn area.
- No food or drink allowed inside the Orlando REP (GREEN, SILVER, and TEEN Venues).
- Beverages are allowed in our Lowndes Shakespeare Center venues (PINK, BROWN, RED, PURPLE, YELLOW, ORANGE, and BLUE) and may be purchased in the Darden Courtyard. Beverages are sold and allowed at the Venue (BLACK) and many other BYOV locations.