Tuesday, September 24, 2013
0n Tuesday August 27th, Ivahhoe Trivia Night kicked off at The Hammered Lamb. Each week the event will help raise money for Ivanhoe Village and there are prizes for the winners. It's easy to play; you just need to put your thinking cap on. HOT TIP: Each Monday an answer to one question will appear on the Ivanhoe Village Facebook page and Twitter (@IvanhoeVillage). So be sure you're liking and following! Arrive early, stay late! Happy Hour is 4:00 PM-7:00 PM. Then after Ivanhoe Trivia Night, plan to stick around for open mic night!
Ivanhoe Village Manager, Scottie Campbell, was the MC firing off the trivia questions. The bar was full and the competition fierce. Some contestants took to bold posturing to intimidate the competition. Here are a few of the questions from the premiere event. See how you do. I'll list answers in the comment section over the weekend. No Googling the answers.
1. What country has the most patent applications?
2. Mount Thor has the greatest purely vertical drop. What country is Mount Thor in?
3. Who was the first person inaugurated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1936?
4. The song "Walk this Way" by Aerosmith was written after seeing which 1974 film?
5. Who wrote the book, "Ivanhoe"?
6. What is the name of the park across the street from the Hammered Lamb?
7. Word Jumble... NAAJNEFDO.
8. What president was in office when Marilyn Monroe died?
9. What country drinks the most alcohol?
A train rumbled by and everyone had free shots on the house. It tasted a bit like grapefruit. Mark Your Calendar! Get your trivia fix every Tuesday night 6pm to 8pm at the Hammered Lamb (1235 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL).